Makeup Look: Black Smokey Eyes With Fuchsia Lips
Hope you are wholeheartedly enjoying this festive season. When I say the word festival the first thing that comes to my mind is dancing diya lights amidst a full moon night. And the second thing is traditional Indian outfit with rich gold work, and obviously Indian outfits are never complete without makeup. To enhance my makeup expertise for the upcoming festivals I have tried a different makeup look this weekend. It was a long weekend, I was sitting at home doing nothing and then I realized that I should make some productive use of this time. It was not only a productive use of time but also of my makeup products that are just resting in the chest drawers. I do not wear bold makeup to office so many of my products reach their expiry date even before I use them a couple of times. In my opinion nothing else can make optimum use of these products than discovering new looks.
Nevertheless, while I was watching ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulyania’ this weekend I got dazzled by Alia Bhatt’s makeup look that she sported at her friend Gurpreet’s wedding. She wore black Smokey eyes with bright pink lips. I completely adore that look; I have seen it before many a times but never thought that I could carry such a look. But this weekend I mustered all my courage to adhere to my resolve of doing something fruitful and here is my version of ‘black smokey eyes with fuchsia lips’. I know all the makeup experts recommend creating a balanced look but I wanted to play with colors keeping aside all the rules.
Things I used to create this Black Smokey look :
1) Foundation: L’Oreal infallible foundation in sable sand shade. In order to get high coverage for an immaculate canvas I have taken a little more product than what I use regularly.
2) Concealer:Smokey eyes look magnificent when you have a neat under eye area. So I would recommend using a high coverage concealer when you are done with entire eye makeup in order to get rid of the eye shadow fall out and dark circles.
3) Eye shadow palette: Revlon High Intensity eye shadow pallete. I have used the matte black eye shadow to create the surreal black effect of Smokey eyes.
4) Mascara: Maybelline falsies mascara again. I am using it a lot these days, looks like I will soon have to get another tube 😉
5) Kohl: Lotus Natural Kajal Before applying eye shadow I slathered this kohl on eyelids, doing so increases the pigmentation and make the eye makeup last long.
6) Blush: As I already have bold eyes and lips so I wanted to keep my cheek area in a bare minimum makeup look. To create the bare effect, a light pink blush or an earthy shade would do the job. I have used Loreal true match blush in true rose shade for this look.
7) Lip Liner I wanted to precisely define my lips so before using the lipstick I outlined them with Revlon Lip Liner Pencil in Plumwine shade.
8) Lipstick: . Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 030 Fuchsia shade.This is one of my favorite pink shades.
Do let me know your take on this look. I would love to know your version of Black Smokey eyes.
You might also like reading these related topics
Makeup Look: Soft and Warm Budgetary Fresher Party Look
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Metallic Copper Red Eyes With Rosy Lips
How to apply blush – Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial: Make The Pink Blink
Makeup Look: Blue Eyes With Pink Lips