Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Sensitive Skin Review
I do not like the monthly ritual of going to the salons to get rid of those obnoxious hairs. As much as I hate these mandatory visits, I love to dress up in cute dresses. Though laser treatments sound so much enticing and promising when they speak about permanent hair reduction but I never kind of prefer them for body hair. Primarily because laser treatments only cause permanent hair reduction (not removal), hairs do regrow and there would still be the need of a maintenance session that I feel would be a never-ending need and much more expensive than salon waxing.
On occasions, when I am short of time but long on hairs, and need to wear my favourite dress, going to salon just for waxing seems like the most gruesome task on earth. Anyhow, until recently when I tried Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips I could not find a substitute for salon waxing. But I am happy now that I have bought these ready-to-use strips, and waxing never felt so easy .
Veet ready to use wax strips come in three variants: for normal skin with Shea butter and berries, for dry skin with aloe vera and lotus flower fragrance, and for sensitive skin with almond oil and Vitamin E. I picked up the third variant which is for sensitive skin. I have normal skin but still I picked up the one for sensitive skin as this was the first time I was about to use Veet ready-to-use wax strips and wanted to be double sure that my skin did not suffer from any redness or rashes.
A single ‘Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit’ contains 10 double sided strips, so total 20 pre-coated wax strips, and 4 perfect finish wipes that have to be used after waxing to get rid of the extra wax from your body. You do not need to worry about how to make the best use of these strips as a well descriptive manual is provided with the kit. The step-by-step instructions are also mentioned in detail at the back of the pack.
Here are some of the additional tips, from my own experience, that I think would make the self-waxing task little easier.
1) Do not forget to warm the strip between your palms before peeling them apart.
2) When you apply the strip on hair, repeatedly press it gently in the direction of hair. This will ensure that even the shortest hairs are pulled off on the very first application.
3) When you pull the strip, pull it back on itself in opposite direction of hair growth. While pulling, keep the strip close to the skin and be quick; doing so will cause less pain and pull off hair from roots.
4) Repeatedly use the strip unless it loses all the stickiness. For me, 4 double sides strips (total 8 strips) were enough for full arms and legs waxing (excluding underarms).
5) If one strip is too long for you then cut it according to the fit so that you are comfortable in pulling.
6) Do not frequently apply the strip on same area as that can cause rashes. If few hairs are left out then do not immediately re-apply the strip on that area instead cover other areas first and then come back on that one. Use a fresh strip for second application, and they will be gone in one shot.
7) Use these strips when you can spare at least 45 minutes, or use them at night when you have ample time in hand. As compared to salon wax, where you just have to lie down and the professionals do their job for you, self-waxing is tedious and requires lot of patience but honestly speaking I find it better than salon waxing.
These instructions are sufficient to perfectly wax off hair, follow these tips and you will be able to impeccably achieve your mission :D.
The only problem I faced while using these wax strips was on underarms. Even after following all the instructions, repeatedly pressing strip in direction of hair growth and pulling it off quickly, I could not get clean result. Most of the hairs were obstinate and did not come out. I used the strip a couple of times and as I have said that caused redness, pain and rashes. Other than underarms Veet wax strips have worked perfectly on my hands and legs. I would say on these body parts I have achieved better and less painful waxing as compared to salons.
What I like about ‘Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Sensitive Skin’
– Does not cause much pain.
– Pulls out hair from roots.
– Quite cheap alternative of waxing as compared to getting the wax job done from a salon.
– Ready to use strips so no heating and no messiness.
– Contains Vitamin E and almond oil that keeps the skin moisturised.
– Perfect finish wipes leave skin soft and smooth.
– A single wax strip is efficient in removing the hairs of one leg.
– Reasonable price.
– Does not cause any redness or boils or irritation.
What I do not like about ‘Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Sensitive Skin’
– Requires patience.
– Time consuming process.
– Does not work well on underarms.
Price of ‘Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Sensitive Skin’: INR 150.
BABE Rating: 4.5/5
Final Word: I love the fact that I am no more dependent on salons to get rid of my unwanted hair. Whenever day or night, anytime I feel the need to wax my body I can do it from the comfort of my own home. Moreover, these pre-coated strips are less painful and easy to use. I find them way better than the normal salon wax. Once I get the trick of using veet wax strips on underarms I think they would become the best self-waxing strips.
You might also like reading these related topics