Ivana Trump once said “Gorgeous hair is the best revenge”. This is true when you talk about the scalp hair but utterly untrue when you talk about the hair on other body parts. I am sure most of us have already worked out in finding the best method to get rid of those filthy unwanted hair. I have tried waxing, threading, tweezing, shaving, hair removal creams and laser. These hair removal methods work differently on different parts of the body. For example, I feel threading my eye brows works better than waxing, but threading my legs??? Oooops cannot even picture it in my scariest of dreams.
For all the body parts except face, I prefer removing my hair using waxing. I have tried laser but then it also did not work out permanently. After laser, hair became less coarse but they never stopped re-growing. It looked like this practice of laser treatment would go on and on forever. So I had to settle in for a less expensive (than laser) hair removal method that turned out to be either waxing or shaving. (you can check out the post on laser hair treatment here) I preferred to stick to waxing to shaving, and here are my reasons for doing so.
No cuts or nicks: In contrast to shaving waxing does not cause any cuts or nicks. To some people it might cause small red-head inflammations but those can be easily treated. Immediately after waxing, apply some ice or a cooling effect gel on the waxed area to subside or even stop those inflammations from popping up. Unlike the stubborn scars of shaving, waxing does not cause any such aftereffect.
Hair regrows thinner: The hair that regrows after waxing is softer and finer. While after shaving hair regrows harder and coarser. It is easy and less painful to pull out finer hair. Coarser hair is usually hard to pull off and cause more pain. Moreover, waxing does not cause any ugly under-the-skin bumps as they appear just after a couple of days in case of shaving.
Waxing lasts longer than shaving: As in case of waxing hair is pulled from root so it does not regrow quickly. Thus waxing keeps hair free skin for weeks. But in case of shaving hair is cut from the shaft so it regrows speedily. Also the speedier hair regrows the more frequent shaving it requires.
Hair growth reduces over time: After repeated sittings of waxing hair growth gets sparse and sparse. Over a period of time you will start seeing that on some parts hair growth has stopped eventually. But in case of shaving the exact opposite happens-hair growth is stimulated that makes hair regrow faster and thicker.
Reduces tan and makes skin smooth: Waxing removes a layer of dead skin cells, tanning and grime from the skin. It helps in maintaining a soft and smooth skin. This smooth feeling tends to last longer because of slower hair regrowth. Also, in case of waxing hair regrowth does not cause any itchy feel unlike what is faced in case of shaving.
Some waxing tips
1. Always use disposable waxing strips.
2. Do not apply any cream or moisture on your skin before waxing.
3. Start using a scrub or exfoliator on your skin 3-4 days before waxing. This helps in uprooting under-the skin hair and further delays hair regrowth.
4. Make sure that the salon professional repeatedly thumps on the wax strip just before pulling it off. This minimizes pain.
5. Make sure that the wax is applied in the direction of hair growth but the strip is pulled off in opposite direction of hair growth.
6. Apply a cooling pad or ice or gel on your skin after waxing. This will help in keeping inflammation at bay and soothing the skin.
7. After waxing do not use bleach, scrub, exfoliator or any other harsh chemical for a couple of days on the waxed area.
Which hair removal method do you prefer..do you also prefer waxing to shaving?
You might also like reading these related topics
Image courtesy: google