How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Using Home Remedies
Under eye dark circle, one of the common problems faced by women these days has several causes related to them. Dark circles can pop up on your under eye area unwelcome. The discolouration can occur from lack of sleep, hereditary problem, hectic lifestyle, nutrient deficiency, stressful environment, etc. Though we cannot keep a control on all these causes but of course we can introduce some healthy changes to our lifestyle to prevent and cure dark circles.
Being devoid of oxygen, under eye skin area is very delicate. This skin is so frugal that you have to be careful while taking care of this area. Here a couple of ‘Don’ts’ that help in dark circle prevention:
Be careful while caring
1) Do not stretch or pull this area
2) Do not use any facial mask on under eye area unless recommended by a dermatologist.
3) Do not massage hard on this area.
4) Do not use any other finger except ring finger while applying eye cream.
5) Do not tightly shut your eyes.
As it’s always said ‘prevention is better than cure’ so making some tweaks in daily diet and exercise routine can also yield fruitful results for your health and skin.
Prevention is better than cure
1) Keep yourself hydrated; drink at least 4-5 liters of water daily.
2) Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Dark color fruits such as watermelon, orange, kiwi, etc. benefits more in less time.
3) Start with a disciplined exercise regimen. Exercising, yoga and deep breathing improve overall health. Sticking to this regimen increases blood circulation thus making you healthy.
4) Sleep deprived eyes also look more gloomy and puffy. So ensure you take sound sleep for 7 consecutive hours.
5) Always protect your eyes from harmful UVA & UVB rays by wearing good quality sun glasses.
Try these home remedies
To get good long lasting results keep using these home remedies for a month or so.
1) Almond Oil: Before going to bed gently rub almond oil on under eye area and leave it on overnight. Doing this for a month will bring reprieve to discolored skin.
2) Cucumber: Place two chilled slices of cucumber on your eyes for 15 minutes. This will not exactly help in reducing the dark circles but will definitely reduce puffiness. For better results, you can also place cucumber juice soaked cotton swabs over eyes.
3) Potato: This goes the same way as cucumber but the results are different. You can either place potato slices or potato juice soaked cotton swab on your eyes. Leave them on for 15 minutes and wash off with regular water. Where cucumber helps in reducing puffiness, potato helps in reducing discoloration- so good for dark circles.
4) Green tea bags: If you are fond of green tea then keep relishing it but stop throwing away the used tea bags. Rather refrigerate the green tea bags for later use. These tea bags can do wonder when it comes to dark circles and puffiness. Before going to bed place chilled tea bags on your eyes for 10 minutes. Follow with a good moisturizer and sleep tight. This helps in reducing both discoloration and puffiness.
5) Milk cream and almond eye pack: Soak 2-3 almonds overnight; grind them to make a smooth paste. Mix this paste with half a spoon of thick milk cream and gently place it on under eye area. After 15 minutes wash it off without stretching or rubbing the skin. This pack will moisturize the under eye area, make it healthy and reduce discoloration over time.
Hide your dark circles
Also, using these quick makeup tips you can temporarily hide dark circles. These tips come in lot handy when there is a party around.
1) Concealer: Many brands carry concealers designed especially for dark circles. Choose the right concealer that is 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Dab it on under eye area right from the inner corner of your eye past the outer edge.
2) CC Cream/Foundation: Using a good CC cream or foundation, you can also hide the dark circles. The CC cream or foundation should be 1 shade lighter than your actual skin tone.
You might also like reading these related topics
The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream Review
Olay total effects 7-in-1 anti ageing eye cream review
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
Revise daily skin care routine
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
How Watermelon and Cucumber Face Pack Helps Getting Clear Glowing Skin
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin
5 Tips For Skin Care
Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream With Anise Review