Are you washing your face the correct way?
Most of us know that washing face is an important step in skin care regimen but are we sure that we are doing it the correct way? Whether you have oily skin (like mine) or dry or somewhere in between, you should follow the right method to wash your face. Doing it the right way can lessen your efforts to maintain a healthy looking skin and probably even reduce salon trips.
1) Splash some water on your face: Wet your skin with tepid water, if the water is too cold or too hot, neutralize the temperature either by adding some luke warm water or mixing ice cubes respectively. Extreme cold or hot water can be harsh for your skin. If you do not like splashing water on face, you can also use wet cloth to damp your skin. Wet skin makes it easier for cleanser to reach every nook and cranny of your face and also prevents you from using too much cleanser, which can otherwise cause dryness.
2) Apply cleanser: You should always use a cleanser that is specifically made for your skin type. So when you take them from the shelves just make sure that you are taking the right variant. Now for usage, take a small amount of cleanser on your wet palm, rub both palms together to create lather and then apply it on your face. Make sure each spot on your face gets covered with cleanser. For about 10 to 20 seconds, massage your face in circular motion.
Make sure you never use body washes or soaps for cleaning your face. Face has more delicate skin than body so it should be dealt with specific products that are made to satiate its needs. Plus, if you are putting on makeup you should remove it using a mild makeup remover before using a face cleanser.
3) Rinse and pat dry: Once cleanser is applied, use tepid water to rinse your face until the cleanser is completely removed. Now, take a soft cotton cloth and press it against your skin to get rid of the water. Make sure that you do not use lot of pressure or rub your face hard as that can irritate your skin or cause wrinkles.
4) Exfoliate once a while: Exfoliation helps in unclogging pores, which eventually make skin breathe and look healthy. You should exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. Exfoliators are similar to face scrubs, just that their particle size is quite minute in order to provide gentle scrubbing. You can use this step either as standalone or after cleansing your face.
5) Do not overdo it: Irrespective of your skin type, you should not use face cleanser more than twice a day. Its frequent use can cause dryness or even trigger the oil producing glands to produce more oil. Just cleanse your face once in the morning and then at night, before going to bed.
Ideally, cleansing should be followed by toner and moisturizer. If you do not have toner then just apply the moisturizer. It helps in keeping up the hydration level, leaving your skin healthy and glowing.
Image courtesy: google
You may also like reading these related topics
Reader’s Query: What is the best acne face wash for oily skin?
5 Aloe Vera Homemade Face Packs For Hydrated Flawless Skin
5 Instant Homemade Face Packs Using Orange Peel Dry Powder
5 Tips For Skin Care
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
5 Skin Care Tips For Healthy And Glowing Skin
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
Revise daily skin care routine
How Watermelon and Cucumber Face Pack Helps Getting Clear Glowing Skin
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin
Beauty Benefits Of Honey for Skin and Hair