The harshest impact of winter season is shown on face. It is not that hands, feet, and other body parts are non-vulnerable to dryness but they can be covered to hide the patchiness. You cannot cover your face so you need to be well prepared for winter season, and religiously follow a skin care routine. Irrespective of your skin type you should daily/weekly devote some time for your skin care. It is just that dry skin would require deep moisturizing, and oily skin would be sufficed with little more than regular moisturizer. Normal skin people have an added advantage- with just slight effort their skin is able to maintain its natural look. A good look skin is not only healthy but it also boosts up your confidence in leaps. So to keep up the freshness and glow of your delicate skin, and reap the benefits of this winter season you should follow this routine.
1) Scrubbing: In winters even oily skin can become flaky if you do not take proper care of it. Scrubbing is one of the important winter skin care regimen activities. You should scrub your face once or twice a week, followed by a moisturizing face pack. Doing so will get rid of dead and dull skin, and give your face a fresh warmth look.
2) Moisturizer: You can afford to skip this one, even oily skin people should stick to 2 times moisturizer application. For cold weather, you should invest in cream or oil (almond or avocado or any other oil) based moisturizers as they keep the skin moisturized for long hours, which is essentially required in this season. Also, before going to bed it is imperative that you should massage your face with oil base night cream. This will recuperate your skin from all the damages it has suffered from during the day, and simultaneously prepare it up for following day.
3) Wear Sunscreen: Most of the people think that they can skip off sunscreen during cold, rainy or cloudy day. But let me tell you, however the day is UV rays are always there in the atmosphere. Even if it is not a sunny day UVA and UVB rays can reach and harm your skin. So you should always apply an extra protective layer of good sunscreen. Do not give it a miss regardless of how pleasant the weather is.
4) Avoid hot water: Just as in summers you should follow 2 times cleansing routine in winters as well but do so with lukewarm water. Hot water strips the moisture off the skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. Lukewarm water opens up pores, and makes your skin breath. Immediately, after face wash you should massage your face with moisturizer so that it seeps into the skin and be more effective.
5) Hydration: Increase your fluid intake, as I always say you should drink 2-3 liters of water a day plus other fruit or vegetable juices. It is very important to keep your body hydrated as that will reflect on your face and body.
6) Munch green: Winters season calls for lots of green vegetable, carrot and citrus fruits. Devour them raw as they are most beneficial in that form. All these fruits and vegetables compensate our body’s nutrient deficiency, and keep it healthy from both inside and outside.
7) Stay warm: Properly cover yourself to stay away from cold wind blows. Even when you are inside the house you should wear proper clothing and keep your surroundings warm. To maintain your body’s minimum moisture level it is important to keep it at normal survival temperature.
I hope these tips will help you in combatting dryness, and keeping your skin healthy and moisturized. If you know any other tips please share them in comment section below. I would love to hear from you.
Happy Winter !
You might also like reading these related topic
Image Courtesy: google