How To Take Care Of Your Hands In Winters
As winters are arriving, day by day I am getting more excited to wear my bright cardigans, leather jackets, long coats and crochet tops. I guess every change brings an excitement with it. Be it the onset of summer when we are on the lustrous threshold of wearing floral dresses, short skirts, hats in soft pastel hues or the beginning of cold winter season which brings the ubiquitous style of bold and bright colors. Alongside the excitement of new season we should prepare ourselves for weather change so that we look good and feel comfortable in whatever we wear. In addition to vibrant colors, winters call for dryness, flaky skin, and dehydrated and tired look. To overcome these winter side effects and to keep looking our best all we need to do is gear up for the change. Being a beauty blogger I have decided to do my bit by sharing a series of winter care tips for hands, feet, lips, face and body so that everybody could make use of these tips and enjoy this beautiful season. Today as we start off with the series I will tell you how to take care of your hands in winters.
1) The first and foremost thing is to invest in a good hand cream or moisturizer. Even if you have normal or oily skin you should go for the moisturizer that is for dry skin. That will take care of dryness and simultaneously prepare your hands for colder conditions, because you never know when the temperature is going to plummet. Especially, in north India it gets extreme cold without any warning so you should be ready in anticipation to face these changes.
2) While you are working at office or shopping at mall or wherever you are always keep moisturizer in your handbag, and keep applying it at frequent intervals especially after you wash your hands. For ladies who do house works, keep the moisturizer in kitchen so that every time you clean utensils it reminds you of some “hand-time”. Similarly, transfer some moisturizer to a travel or spare empty bottle and keep it in the washroom.
3) Before going to bed give good 5 – 10 minutes to your hands. Using the hand cream, you should massage them properly and cover them with gloves. In case you cannot sleep with gloves on then take them off after a while. I do so often.
4) For the night hand massage you can also use milk cream or almond oil or glycerin. But as these things are difficult to carry in handbag so for day purpose you have to have a hand cream or moisturizer.
5) In winters I cannot stand washing my hands with cold water, and I guess the same goes with you all. There is nothing wrong in washing hands with non-cold water but what is wrong is using hot water for the same purpose. Hot water soaks all the moisture and makes hands dry and dull, so go for luke-warm water rather hot water.
6) I keep chanting this ‘drink at least 3-4 liters of water a day’ mantra. Believe me or not, the more water you drink in winters the more awake your skin will look. Moisturizers alone cannot help in protecting your hands from dryness so you need to drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated.
7) Never step out of the house without shielding your hands with gloves. This should be the most acceptable tip as gloves do not only protect your hands form winter harshness but also add quirkiness and style to your outfit. So even if you are doing it for style you are contributing your 10 cents for hand care.
That’s all I have for winter hand care, if you know any other tips please share them in the comment section. And, stay tuned for other winter care tips
You might also like reading these related topics