Most of us spend a good time of the day worrying about our skin problems. If we bring some changes to our lifestyle then these problems can be solved to an extent. The change list should include: no stress, no junk food, healthy diet plan, sound sleep of around 8 hours and exercise to open up the clogged pores. A little change here & there and lots of hard work can bring in some respite from our daily worries . Now, let’s take a look at the more essential tips for skin care that can result in a 360 degree change in the look and feel of our skin.
1. Proper Hydration: Water, water, water – that is one of key mantras for keeping a healthy and glowing skin. Try to drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day, and stay away from aerated, preservative containing and high caffeine content drinks. Our body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
2. Fruits and Vegetables: Boost your energy level by saying no to high calorie oily foods and saying yes to fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. When it comes to diet go for color and variety. Prefer dark green, yellow, orange, and red colored fruits & veggies as they give your body the mix of nutrients it needs. Include dark leafy greens, tomatoes, broccoli, orange and anything that’s a rich yellow, orange, or red color. Lately, a research showed that happiness and mental health are highest among those who eat seven portions of fruits and vegetables per day. Look and feel great
3. Moisturize: If hydration is a skin life saver so is moisturizer, always remember to apply a moisturizer immediately after washing your face. Moisturizer if applied on damp skin provides far more benefits than if applied on dry skin. Also, to protect the skin from dangerous UV rays it is always recommended to dab a good SPF packed lotion at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun. Moisturizers do a great job of softening the skin and reducing dead skin cells.
4. Include nuts in daily diet: Usually, we do not get all the required nutrients from our normal diet plan so it becomes essential to make nuts a mandatory part of our daily meals. Nuts are the power packed foods. They are good for our health: right from filling a hunger gap with copious fiber and proteins to making skin supple and smooth. One should include bunch of almonds (high in protein, antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron and vitamin E), cashews (a significant source of iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc), walnuts (rich in Omega-3 fatty acids walnuts help in preventing cardiovascular disease) and raisins (good source of Vitamin A- protects eyes, prevents tooth decay and keeps skin healthy) to the diet.
5. Proper hygiene: Skin problems such as acne, pimples start from bad hygiene. When our skin comes in contact with bacteria it contaminates the skin causing break outs. As some of the preventive measures we should change our pillow cases frequently so as to avoid any bacteria accumulation, should not squeeze acne/pimple affected areas and should not keep touching the face with dirty hands. Also, we should not wash face more than twice a day because that will result in skin over drying.
Include these skin care tips in your daily lifestyle and see the effects 🙂
Stay pretty, stay happy !
You might also like reading these related topics
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
Revise daily skin care routine
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin
5 Instant Homemade Face Packs Using Orange Peel Dry Powder
Reader’s Query: How To Get Rid of Pimple Acne Marks Using Home Remedies