Summers mark a start of the fashion season. In apparels, nothing can beat the heat as much as short floral dresses, skirts, capris, etc. do. I love to wear comfortable airy clothes as they not only invigorate my mood but also provide a reprieve from sweltering weather. With so much to take care of in summers, we always forget about our hands and feet that bear the scorching heat amidst fashion and comfort factors. Not carrying this ignorance further, I have already started taking care of the following few tips in order to minimize the sun damage. Hopefully, when you adapt these tips in your day to day lives your sun worries just vanish away into thin air. Read on to know what you need to take care of for those envious feet and hands.
1) As they say precaution is always better than cure, so avoid going out in the sun when its heating intensity is at peak i.e. between noon and 3 pm.
2) Wear sun screen on your exposed body parts, or go for a body lotion that has at least 20+ spf. Slathering UVA & UVB blocking sun screen prevents sun burn and sun tan. Fingers and toes are the most disregarded areas so remember to apply sun screen in between toes and fingers as well.
3)If you have to stay in the sun for long hours then ensure that you are wearing full gloves and socks in order to protect your hands and feet from sun burns respectively.
4) Always carry an umbrella with you. Umbrellas are not supposed to shield you from rain only, but sun as well.
5) Flip flops and strap sandals are summer favorite – but they provide minimal protection from sun. Always, ensure that your wear such footwear that provides full coverage to your feet, and thus protection from scorching sun.
6) Similarly, shield your arms from malevolent sun rays by wearing full sleeve clothes. Or you can always cover your arms from end to end with scarf or cotton cloth to avoid sun exposure.
7) If you plan to stay longer in the sun, keep applying sun screen frequently. Though many brands claim 8-10 hour sun protection, it is always better to keep applying them intermittently.
8) Overdoing things is always harmful, so do not apply sunscreen on body parts such as thighs or bums that are not usually exposed to the sun.
9) In order to get rid of sun tan, you should apply lemon juice or scrub lemon curst on tanned areas. Doing so frequently, helps in skin lightening.
10) You can also use homemade ubtan of gram flour (besan) and curd to lighten the nasty sun tan. Apply this concoction frequently, at least twice a week for speedy relief.
11) Clean your feet and hands on regular basis. If possible, follow a pedicure and manicure routine at least once a month.
I hope you will benefit from these tips, and they will make you enjoy the summer season to the fullest – without worrying about sun tan and sun burns.
You may also like reading these related topics