Nail care tips to treat pale and fragile nails
I was thinking about the time when my nails used to be very pale and fragile. I am a nail paint freak and have a strong fad for nail shades. If it was not about time then I would have changed my nail paint daily . Well getting realistic, about a couple of years ago I used to wear nail paint 24*7 and that had caused the nails to be very pale and easily vulnerable. As I was so fond of nail enamel so I did not want to discontinue its use and that fondness dragged my search to a ’pale & fragile proof’ nail care tips. These tips are pretty simple and natural, and you can do them home using the available ingredients.
Taking a little care of you nails can give them a permanent manicure like appearance.
Nail Care Tips
– Lemon, the natural beauty healer does wonder when it comes to nails. Lemon is natural bleach so helps in reducing the paleness. Rub lemon juice on nails and keep it on for 5 minutes. Wash it off with normal water. After using lemon for just 3-4 times you will start noticing a visible difference in nail discoloration.
– Keeping the nails long for long time can cause them damage, increase their fragility and make them grow in irregular shapes. Regularly trimming of nails induces healthy nail growth, improves nail strength and maintains their uniform shape.
– Always keep a nail buffer in your handbag. If your nail gets torn at the edges then smooth it immediately using the buffer
– Do not put on nail paint 24*7. Instead give your nails some respite from the nail painting and some fresh air to breathe. Always give your nails a couple of nights break before reapplying any new nail paint.
– When the worn nail paint calls for a removal then first remove the nail paint with a remover, preferable acetone free. I use colorbar acetone free nail paint remover, it does not only remove the nail paint but moisturizes them as well. Check the review here. After removing the nail paint scrub off lemon juice on the nails. Wash it off and apply a good moisturizer.
– Take raw milk in a small bowl, dip nails in it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off with clean and cold water. Afterwards put on some good Hand & Nail cream. This makes the nails more strong.
– Always ensure that you apply a transparent base coat on your nails before applying a dark nail shade. The base coat will prevent nail color from seeping into the nail skin and thus put off paleness. Once I applied a dark nail shade without the base coat. 2 days after I removed the nail paint my nails were like as if I had applied Mehandi on them. They stayed like that for about 2 weeks; it was really embarrassing 😥
– Seal the nail paint or nail art with a transparent coat. This will avoid wear n tear of the actual nail paint.
– Moisturize, Moisturize and moisturize .Regularly apply a good hand and nail cream before going to bed and after working in water. You can also replace the hand cream with good baby oil. Whatever you use ensure it is easy to spread and does not have a thick texture. The harder you will rub the cream the more damage it will do to your skin.
All the above tips are easier to implement and these will not only save your nails from getting pale and fragile but will also recuperate the existing paleness and fragility. Your nail will become stronger and whiter.