It’s been a week we have landed on Australian ground, and since then we are witnessing the sudden change in weather here. Sometimes the sky looks clear in the day- perfect for exploring but then suddenly it starts raining in the afternoon washing out all the plans. That’s the reason I have not been able to put many photos but whatever chances I have got so far I made sure that I seal those memories through the lens and share with you all.
This weekend the weather was kind enough to let us roam around in the city – CBD is what it is called. And as it was our wedding anniversary past Sunday we were even happier walking around the busy streets of the city, which are full of artists portraying their art publicly and making the environment relaxing. The skyscrapers remind me of the skyline in New York, and the giant “Crown” casino of Atlantic City, USA. Though I find CBD a bit similar to some parts of the States the country side area of Melbourne is entirely different. For nature lovers, it is a treat for the eyes. The lush green pastures, clear sky, clean air and well maintained roads aid to a beautiful experience of romantic tryst with nature. There are few things that you should keep in mind while exploring Melbourne and these are:
1) Always carry an umbrella because you never know when it is going to rain. Even if the sun is at its peak in the morning there is high probability that it is kidnapped by rainy clouds later in the day.
2) Carry a spare jacket especially if you are making evening plans. The temperature here drops drastically like 22 C in the morning to 5 C in the evening, so it is better to safeguard yourself by carrying an extra cover.
3) If you are planning to walk around then wear comfortable shoes. You won’t get rickshaws or other local transport except trams, trains and buses, which usually do not ply between short distances.
4) Keep a water bottle handy, and if you are pure vegetarian (not even eggs) carry an apple or so because you won’t find enough eating opportunities here. Even McDonalds here does not have any good option for vegetarians.
5) Wear thick layer of sunscreen, even if you are staying indoors or the weather is cloudy. Here, the ozone layer is perforated and can cause sun burns/tanning so it is better to shield the skin by applying a good sunscreen.
So this is all for Melbourne Part1. Enjoy the pictures; as the sky is clear we are having a good brush with nature. Some of the pictures are of our wedding anniversary, which we celebrated on the go. Hope you like seeing Melbourne through our lens.
Take care till next time!