With time, I feel that my fondness for makeup is continuously increasing. I get excited even at the thought of creating a new makeup look. As we are approaching end of 2014, my office workload is increasing exponentially. If you have ever worked in an IT industry you must be aware of this time when everybody is bossing around to meet the project deadlines. Sometimes it gets difficult to cope up with this type of environment but when you have your stress-buster remedies you know you will be to make through this phase with little ease. And my stress-buster these days is creating new makeup looks. Seriously, I feel relieved, enthusiastic and above all happy when I play with colors and brushes.
This makeup look that I have created recently gives a soft, warm and fresh feeling- appropriate to adorn on fresher parties. And, if you go little intense with color usage you can re-create this look for your farewell party as well. In my opinion, by the time we attend farewell parties we are little mature than what we were at the time of our fresher party, giving us the liberty to play with bolder colors.I remember, when I was in my college dunia. I was totally a dumbo when it came to makeup. I had never waxed my legs till farewell party came up, I know this sounds yukk but over a period of time I have improved a lot ;-).
Now, in case you wish to re-create this fresher party look follow these steps.
Step 1: Moisture your face and neck.
Step 2: Take pea size foundation and dot it all over face and neck area. Using fingers blend it well in outwards direction. Make sure that you cover your hair and jaw lines. Doing so will provide low to medium coverage, in case you need more coverage start with a dollop of foundation.
Step 3: Prime up your eye lids, and apply a neutral eye shadow from lash line to socket line. Now take mauve shade and apply it at outer corner of your eye in V shape. Blend it well. The next thing is to color your center eyelid; I have used light pink shade to color this area so as to give it a prominent yet soft appearance. In case you do not have an eye shadow palette you can adorn your eyes with single eye shadow itself or use a pop of pink lipstick to color your eyelids.
Step 4: Finely line your upper lashes with eyeliner and curl them up with mascara. Use kohl on your lower lash line & water liner, and blend at outer corner.
Step 5: Apply concealer on under eye area to get rid of eye shadow fall out or any other messiness.
Step 6: Shape up your brows to attain a neat look.
Step 7: Using very light hand, apply soft pink blush on your cheeks and blend it.
Step 8: Finally, color your lips with pink or mauve lip gloss. And you are ready to be a head-turner in your fresher party.
Things I used to create this fresher part look:
1) Foundation: L’Oreal infallible foundation in sable sand shade.
2) Concealer: Clinique quick corrector in honey shade. This is required to cover up dark areas such as under eyes, or around your lips. In case you do not have a concealer you can do the same step with foundation as well.
3) Eye shadow palette: Covergirl enhancers in Blossom 257 shade. In case you do not have an eye shadow palette, no problem 😉 you can make use of lipsticks to add a dash of color to your eyes.
4) Mascara: Maybelline falsies mascara.This is required to curl up lashes, and make eyes more attractive .
5) Kohl: Lotus Natural Kajal, I am trying to finish it off.
6) Blush: Loreal true match blush in true rose shade A light pink blush or a similar shade lipstick.
7) Lip gloss or lipstick: Maybelline colorsensational lip gloss in mirrored mauve shade. Any other pinkish lipstick or lip gloss would serve the purpose.
Do let me know how you liked this look or how you would create your fresher party look? Also, I would love to go through your list of stress-busters. Honestly, I believe following your interests acts as a therapy, and serves as a sure-shot way of virtual offloading.
You might also like reading these related topics