Low Fat Antioxidant Strawberry Smoothie – Healthy Diet
Good morning Everyone,
Are you feeling Monday Blues? Well if yes, then let’s not feel so as this is the day to kick off the week with something new and something nutritious. This weekend I have tried a couple of healthy dishes. One amongst them is Low Fat Antioxidant Strawberry Smoothie; just when I say smoothie I feel its yummy taste.
These days you can easily get flavored yogurt; be it mango, strawberry or blueberry. But after doing a quick online search on these yogurts I have got an impression that they are unhealthy. They contain lots of preservatives and Trans- fat, which are difficult to digest. So to get a similar taste, in fact better taste than flavored yogurts I tried this low fat strawberry smoothie. This yummy drink has not failed to pamper my taste buds, and it’s indeed very healthy.
A look at Ingredient list:
1) A bowl of fresh-sweeten strawberries.
2) A bowl of low fat yogurt.
3) A spoon of organic honey or jaggery powder (gurh).
Let’s prepare the yummy smoothie:
– Thoroughly wash strawberries, remove the green leaves and chop them.
– Put chopped strawberries and curd in the grinder. Blend them till the mixture becomes frothy.
– If the curd or strawberries are sour then add 1 spoon of organic honey or jaggery powder and blend again.
– To beat the heat you can also top some crushed ice. I somehow prefer to have it without ice 🙂
– Stir the blend and savor it slowly.
Health Benefits of Low Fat Antioxidant Strawberry Smoothie:
– Strawberries are full of antioxidants. They prevent wrinkles, fight bad cholesterol, boost immunity, reduce inflammation and reduce bloating.
– If taken on a regular basis, strawberries can also help in weight management, in promoting eye health, in regulating blood pressure and in lowering the risk of cancer.
– Strawberries contain folic acid that helps in promoting pre natal health.
– Curd is known for its calcium reserve so it helps in dealing with osteoporosis and stomach problems.
– Curd improves the digestive system and keeps it healthy. If digestive system is in good health then weight managements gets quite handy.
– Curd improves immune system, and also increases the capacity to absorb nutrients from other food.
You can include this drink in breakfast menu, along with some brown bread toasts. Having it on regular basis, even for one week, will showcase the outcome
Stay happy stay healthy!
Detoxifying Orange and Kiwi Smoothie – Health Drink
Healthy Low Calorie Homemade Soup Recipe
Meal Of The Day: Steamed vegetables with green tea
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
Health benefits of sprouts
Health and beauty benefits of green tea!