JAFRA Brightening and Whitening Pamper Party
Hope you are having a wonderful day ! One of the best things I like about beauty blogging is that one gets invited to new makeup or skin care launches . No feeling can match up with seeing new products lined up carefuly on crystal clear stacks . In last few months, I have got a couple of such pampering invitations but could not attend even a single of them. So when I got this JAFRA pampering party invite, I made up my mind that I had to attend it at all costs . Yup, it indeed turned out a very costly affair as I had to take a fake sick leave on the day of the event that in turn led to huge piling up of pending work 😥 . For the next couple of days, I got submerged under that pile to get it leveled, if not finished.
This was the first time I had heard of JAFRA brand. Nopes, this was the second time actually. The first time I heard of them was when they organized a ‘Pampering SPA party’, and as I said I could not make it to that too. Well, if you are also hearing about this brand the very first time then here are some interesting facts about it.
– Founded in 1956 by a beautiful couple JAN & FRANK. Now you can guess that is how the brand name JAFRA was derived.
– Both Jan and Frank were deeply intrigued in knowing the ancient beauty secrets of Egyptians, and thus formulated the legendary Royal jelly milk balm- which was an overnight success and has remained JAFRA’s signature product to this day.
– JAFRA offers more than 700 affordable skin care and beauty products.
– JAFRA has been listed as one of the top 100 beauty companies in the world, and is number one in fragrance sales in Mexico.
– JAFRA’s mission “To transform the lives of millions of women around the world”.
– One can join JAFRA as a Consultant and experience the Power to Transform Lives.
– The company has expanded its global presence to include Asia, with market entries into India in 2010.
A slide from the presentation on Royal Jelly.
Coming back to event details, of late JAFRA has unveiled their new skin care range: Brightening and whitening. To make beauty bloggers aware of this range, they had organized a ‘brightening and whitening pamper party’ that started off with an interesting presentation by JAFRA marketing manager -Sonia Seth on whitening and brightening products, followed by a self mini-facial using those products. To do the mini facial we have been given headband, small mirror, water bowl and wet towels. As it is not possible to judge a products efficacy after single use so I would not be commenting on that as of now. But the one definite thing that I like about these products is their exotic fragrance- each of these products is infused with long lasting aroma.
In addition to skin care products, JAFRA has a wide range of makeup products as well.
Post the mini facial, we were given our own bag of goodies, which included all these products, to test their long term efficacies . The event ended with a stack full of mouthwatering snacks. I could not eat much as that day I was suffering from bad throat but I believe my fellow bloggers must have relished those yummy snacks.
I got to meet Poo(Beauty and Makeup Matters), Charu (My Glossy Affair), Manasi (Indian Fashion and lifestyle), Lisha (Heart Bows and Makeup), Shreya (youtube blogger), Shweta (Glam n Gloss) and Agnibanya (Love Thy Red). In addition to 7 of us, there were few other bloggers as well but as they came after the presentation had already started so did not get time to chat with them. It was a pleasure to meet all of them and know them a little.
P.S: Apologies for bad photo quality. I forgot to carry DSLR, hence clicked all these photos with phone 😥 .