JAFRA Brightening and Whitening Pamper Party
Hope you are having a wonderful day ! One of the best things I like about beauty blogging is that one gets invited to new makeup or skin care launches . No feeling can match up with seeing new products lined up carefuly on crystal clear stacks . In last few months, I have got a couple of such pampering invitations but could not attend even a single of them. So when I got this JAFRA pampering party invite, I made up my mind that I had to attend it at all costs . Yup, it indeed turned out a very costly affair as I had to take a fake sick leave on the day of the event that in turn led to huge piling up of pending work 😥 . For the next couple of days, I got submerged under that pile to get it leveled, if not finished.
This was the first time I had heard of JAFRA brand. Nopes, this was the second time actually. The first time I heard of them was when they organized a ‘Pampering SPA party’, and as I said I could not make it to that too. Well, if you are also hearing about this brand the very first time then here are some interesting facts about it.
About JAFRA brand:
– Founded in 1956 by a beautiful couple JAN & FRANK. Now you can guess that is how the brand name JAFRA was derived.
– Both Jan and Frank were deeply intrigued in knowing the ancient beauty secrets of Egyptians, and thus formulated the legendary Royal jelly milk balm- which was an overnight success and has remained JAFRA’s signature product to this day.
– JAFRA offers more than 700 affordable skin care and beauty products.
– JAFRA has been listed as one of the top 100 beauty companies in the world, and is number one in fragrance sales in Mexico.
– JAFRA’s mission “To transform the lives of millions of women around the world”.
– One can join JAFRA as a Consultant and experience the Power to Transform Lives.
– The company has expanded its global presence to include Asia, with market entries into India in 2010.
A slide from the presentation on Royal Jelly.
Coming back to event details, of late JAFRA has unveiled their new skin care range: Brightening and whitening. To make beauty bloggers aware of this range, they had organized a ‘brightening and whitening pamper party’ that started off with an interesting presentation by JAFRA marketing manager -Sonia Seth on whitening and brightening products, followed by a self mini-facial using those products. To do the mini facial we have been given headband, small mirror, water bowl and wet towels. As it is not possible to judge a products efficacy after single use so I would not be commenting on that as of now. But the one definite thing that I like about these products is their exotic fragrance- each of these products is infused with long lasting aroma.
In addition to skin care products, JAFRA has a wide range of makeup products as well.
Post the mini facial, we were given our own bag of goodies, which included all these products, to test their long term efficacies . The event ended with a stack full of mouthwatering snacks. I could not eat much as that day I was suffering from bad throat but I believe my fellow bloggers must have relished those yummy snacks.
I got to meet Poo(Beauty and Makeup Matters), Charu (My Glossy Affair), Manasi (Indian Fashion and lifestyle), Lisha (Heart Bows and Makeup), Shreya (youtube blogger), Shweta (Glam n Gloss) and Agnibanya (Love Thy Red). In addition to 7 of us, there were few other bloggers as well but as they came after the presentation had already started so did not get time to chat with them. It was a pleasure to meet all of them and know them a little.
P.S: Apologies for bad photo quality. I forgot to carry DSLR, hence clicked all these photos with phone 😥 .