You must have heard people complaining about dry lifeless skin in winters. The second most common problem of this cold weather is cracked heels, and because these cracks are not much visible people often do not pay any attention to them. As a consequence cracks get deep, causing more pain and at times bleeding as well. And in those hours of excruciating pain it becomes difficult to walk and stand for long hours. Why drag the problem till a state where cure is difficult? When people say “prevention is better than cure” they are absolutely right as prevention will not only save you from a going through a painful condition but will also save the time, effort and money that you will have to spend to bring the heels back to their normal state.
In order to help you have happy, crack-free feet here are some regular tips that are easy to follow and give marvelous results.
1) During the winter season, the skin around the heels become thick and rough. To make it soft and smooth you need to provide them extra moisture. Before going to bed, massage your feet with rich moisturizer, focusing on heels and soles of the feet. Post massage, cover your feet with cotton or woolen socks. Doing so locks in the moisture and gives speedy results.
2) If you are looking for long lasting outcomes regularity is the key. Daily spending 2 minutes on the feet in the shower can save you from investing ample time in feet-care if the heels get cracked. Use a pumice stone to scrub the heels and soles of the feet to get rid of all the dirt and dead skin cells. Follow the scrubbing with a good quality moisturizer. If you do this regularly you will rarely face cracked-heels problem.
3) Overexposure to dry and cold weather can cause as much harm as lack of moisture. Thus, during cold weather you need to save your skin from direct exposure to cold. Not doing so can cause dryness, which further can result in broken or flaky skin. Thus, before you step out of the house make sure to wear woolen socks and fully covered shoes. If your surroundings witness snowfall, invest in long warm shoes to protect your feet from harsh cold and flaunt your style.
4) Above all, do not walk barefoot, not even when you are inside the house. When your skin comes in direct contact with cold and dirt the harm is done much faster as compared to when it is covered. Also, friction causes wear and tear of the skin that further aids in cracks.
5) If you do not have enough time to get a salon-pedicure then make sure you pamper your feet with a mini-pedicure at home. Follow a bimonthly routine as it will provide the much needed winter-care to your feet, and also save them from thick skin and cracks.
These are very simple tips that do not require a lot of time on daily basis. Yes, you will need to spend comparatively more time on mini-pedicure but it will result in more softness and smoothness. If you will be regular with this routine, your feet will always be happy, soft and crack-free.
You might also like reading these related topics