How to apply blush
A wedding date calls for lots and lots of shopping. Usually girls end up buying new jewelry, clothes, foot wears and makeup products, buying many such products for which they are amateurs. A few days back I was discussing about makeup with one of my friends, who is recently married and have made a collection of new makeup products. The topic of the discussion was proper use of these products in daily life before they reach their expiry date. Yes, every makeup product has an expiry date, which if reached leaves no other option but to throw it away. My friend told me that she has invested in a couple of blushes that she is not much accustomed to and does not know how to apply. So today, I am going to do a tutorial on how to apply a blush and highlighter, dedicating the post to my friend and all the lovely ladies, who want to look like a beautiful bride everyday 🙂
How to know the face contour
Before applying makeup, the most important thing is to know the curves of the face, the areas where you need to highlight to give a head turning look.
1) Make a fish face as shown below in pic 1, now feel your cheek bone just below the end corner of eye. This is place where you need to start applying the blush, hence called the contour of the face.
2) Now, join the tip of your thumb and index finger to make a circle. On both the cheeks place this circle below your eye (right on the cheek bone), touching the tips of thumb and index finger with the nose. This is called the apple of cheeks.
3) Make a C with your thumb and index finger. Place the C around your eye in such a way that the thumb touches the cheek bone and the index finger is half inch above the eyebrow. This area is called the highlighter area.
How to apply blush
Now, as you are familiar with the curves of your face lets learn how to apply a blush. All you need is a soft angled blush brush and blusher.
1) Dab the blush brush on to the blusher and swirl it to add some of the blush to the brush.
2) Softly dab the blush filled brush starting from the contour of your face towards the apple of cheeks. To get a more deep color to the contour apply the blush brush again in an outward direction towards the temple touching the hairline. Repeat the same process on the other cheek.
3) Again swirl the brush on the blusher and softly dab it on the forehead and bridge of your nose. The blush is applied on the nose bridge area to give it a long sleek illusion. If you already have a long beautiful nose then you do not need to add the blush to the nose bridge area.
The intensity of blush color can be varied depending upon the occasion. For usual office wear choose subtle colors and swirl the blush lightly, for parties use some bright tone colors dabbing a little more. This completes the blush; blend it well to give a more natural look. While purchasing a blusher one should always keep in mind the skin tone. If you have combination/oily skin then go for a powder based blush, and if you have dry skin then go for a cream blush.
How to apply highlighter
Now, when the blush is done we can highlight the C area (Pic 2). Highlighting is pretty easy, take the color (matte or shiny) matching the tone of your makeup; with the help of a soft brush dab the C area, just below your eye (on the cheek bone) and above your eyebrow. Repeat the same process on the other side of the eye. We are done with the highlighting.
Hope now you know how to apply a blush and highlighter using these makeup tips. Send me your queries if you still have any doubt.
If you like the above article and find it useful then please leave your feedback, or if you would like to add something to it and give your own makeup tip then please feel free to do so.
Take care, keep doing makeup and stay pretty!
How to apply liquid eyeliner
Loreal true match blush true rose review
Loreal True Match Blush 205 Honey Review, Swatch
How to make the lipstick stay longer
5 Tips For Skin Care
How to do nail art designs at home – Tutorial
How To Do Black Smokey Eye Makeup – Makeup Tutorial
Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight And Shimmer Collection Review
How To Fill Eyebrows – Makeup Tutorial