Health And Beauty Benefits of Eating Flaxseeds
Who does not crave for good health and forever-young skin? Few know that all these desires are achievable if you keep a close watch on what you eat and drink. What goes inside our body is equally important to what goes on our body! All these expensive skin care brands, health supplements are of no use if you do not stick to a healthy diet routine. From time to time I keep sharing the health and beauty benefits of foods and drinks that should be consumed on daily basis and must be a part of our diet. Today, I will be sharing the health and beauty benefits of eating flaxseeds (Alsi in Hindi). The upcoming winter season is the perfect time to include them in your diet. Let us have a look at their benefits and how to consume them.
1) The first unique feature of flaxseed is its high omega-3 fatty acid content. Omega-3 fatty acid is quite beneficial for heart and diabetic patients. It also helps in treating skin related problems.
2) The second unique feature of flaxseed is lignans content, which is present in abundant quantity. Lignans are a rich source of estrogen, antioxidant and fiber that help in regulating hormone levels and supporting immune system. The high content of estrogen also helps in dealing with menopausal symptoms. Women who are at menopausal age should start including flaxseeds in their diet to have a smooth menopausal phase.
3) The third unique feature of flaxseeds is its high fiber content that includes both soluble and insoluble type. This is beneficial for heart health as it helps in reducing cholesterol level and blood pressure.
4) Flaxseeds are also known for their protective effect against breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer.
5) Enriched with omega 3 fatty acids and fiber flaxseeds are allegedly believed to defer the ageing process. So if you want to have a young looking skin you should devour these wonder seeds.
6) Flaxseeds also help in shedding those extra calories. The high fiber content makes you feel full for long hours and puts a halt to irregular food cravings.
How to eat Flaxseeds
It is often recommended to eat flaxseeds in grounded or powdered form. If eaten as whole flaxseeds are hard to digest and may cause constipation. However, if you eat half a tablespoon of flaxseeds in grounded form along with a glass of water they provide the essential fiber and nutrients that help the digestive system to work well. If you do not like the taste of flaxseeds you can sprinkle a pinch of grounded flaxseeds on curd (raita) or salad or even sandwiches. Some people also include them while baking food but somehow I do not prefer that way of consuming flaxseeds as that diminishes the benefits of its nutrients. People who are suffering from constipation or irritable bowel movement should consult their doctor before including them in diet. Plus, flaxseeds generate heat in the body so they are risky to eat in summer season or in 1st 2 trimesters of pregnancy. Winter is the best time to include them in diet as they will in keeping the body warm in addition to providing numerous healthy and beauty benefits.
Flaxseeds are an ideal source of omega-3-fatty acids for vegetarians. Even if you do not eat fish you should eat flaxseeds to increase your omega 3 levels and fiber intake. I do not like the bitter taste of flaxseeds so I roast them with a pinch of salt for that crunchier effect and edible taste.
I would love to know your thoughts on flaxseeds. Please feel free to share them in comment section below.
You might also like reading these related topics
Health And Beauty Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds
Health and Beauty Benefits of Coconut Water
Health and beauty benefits of green tea!
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
Health benefits of sprouts
Health Benefits of Drinking Warm Water in Morning
Roghan Badam Shirin Almond oil review