Health and Beauty Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconut water is popularly emerging as the drink of health conscious people around the world. It is not just a drink that is gaining popularity because it is best enjoyed while relaxing on a beach holiday or during peak summer season. But this nutritious drink is preferred for its medicinal, health and beauty benefits. Coconut itself is a plethora of welfares – it is used for religious occasions, healing purposes, and nourishment of human mind and body. Talking about just coconut water, numerous benefits of sipping this wonder water have urged people to choose it over other sports and energy drinks.
Health Benefits Of Coconut Water
1) Coconut water refills the supply of electrolytes in our body and thus prevents dehydration. People who are indulged in work out or physical or sweaty activities should regularly drink this water as it widely known for replacing the mineral and fluid loss that happens in such activities. If you are feeling weak then drink coconut water as it serves as an instant energy booster.
2) Coconut water is a rich source of nutrients that are needed to withstand life. It is said to improve blood circulation and reduce the risk of heart attacks. Potassium content present in this drink also helps in lowering blood pressure; people who have high BP problem should have this drink on regular basis.
3) Among all the fruits and vegetables, coconut water has minimum sugar and carbohydrate content. It also has an advantage over fruit juices- being entirely fat and sugar free one can easily have a glass of coconut water a day without worrying about the calorie intake.
4) Coconut water is considered the purest liquid after water. It is highly recommended during pregnancy as it is free from artificial flavors, colors and sugars that are harmful for the health of pregnant women and growing foetus. The anti-bacterial properties of coconut water help to keep nausea at bay and prevent other illnesses during pregnancy. Also, it is believed to lower down body temperature, which is essential during early months of pregnancy, and improve child’s complexion.
Beauty Benefits Of Coconut Water
1) Coconut water hydrates the skin, making it look more youthful and healthy. The anti-oxidants present in coconut water have an age defying effect on skin. Just having a glass of coconut water a day aids in flushing toxins and toxic build ups out of the body. This makes skin look younger, vibrant and radiant.
2) It does not only benefit internally bot topically as well. Just regularly smearing coconut water all over your face moisturizes and cleanses skin. Soak cotton balls in coconut water and apply them on your face. Leave them on for 20-30 minutes for hydrated and moisturized skin. Just like rose water, coconut water can also be used in homemade facial packs.
3) Coconut water also works as an effective clarifying agent. Mix a few drops of coconut water with a few drops of lemon juice and store the mixture in refrigerator for some time. After 5 minutes, take out the mixture and using a cotton ball apply it all over your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off. Lemon, being a natural bleaching agent helps in clarifying skin and coconut water keeps it moisturized and hydrated.
4) The high content of potassium and antioxidants present in coconut water make it a good natural remedy for curing pimples and acne. Drinking coconut water will cleanse your body from inside and applying it on the skin will help in getting rid of external impurities.
Every year 2nd September is celebrated as world coconut day ! So HAPPY COCONUT day to all of you !
Do you drink coconut water or know any other health and beauty benefits of coconut water? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
You might also like reading these related topics
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
Health And Beauty Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds
Health and beauty benefits of green tea!
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
Health Benefits of Drinking Warm Water in Morning
Health benefits of sprouts
Health And Beauty Benefits of Eating Flaxseeds