Waking up to healthy younger looking skin gives a good start to yet another day. It boosts confidence and gives the courage to combat every hassle that comes in way of a successful day. But like all good things, healthy skin requires persistent care and hard work. In this polluted and stressful environment, it becomes imperative as well to pay slightly more attention to your skin and overall wellbeing. As they say “Sound mind in a sound body”. Hence, if the body (read skin) is not healthy you will not get the confidence to overcome pitfalls in order to emerge out as a winner. Again, taking good care of skin is not a tedious task. All that is required are discipline and persistence. Spending just an extra couple of minutes on your skin can do wonders in improving skin health. Here are the 7 morning rituals that I have been following for years, and that have helped in improving/maintaining the skin.
1) Lemon water: Half a juice of lime in lukewarm water in the morning does not only boost metabolism but also increases the collagen levels, which in turn increase skin elasticity and its ability to bounce back to its original state.
2) Exercise: Spending 15-20 minutes daily in stretching, jogging or brisk walking can open the pores and tone the muscles. When skin sweats, it releases toxic substances and absorbs fresh air that prevents break outs and increases agility. Hobbies such as dancing, Zumba, badminton, basketball, etc also help in keeping the body active and young.
3) Moisturizer: Before I seriously got into skin care regime, I used to moisturize my face hours after the morning face-wash. Doing so made my oily skin oilier and used to cause intermittent break outs as well. Since, I have got to know the right time to apply moisturizer I always moisturize the face moments after washing it. It restores the lost moisture before the sebum glands are triggered to produce excess oil.
4) Green tea: If you have a habit of drinking coffee or regular tea in the morning, replace it with a cup of green tea. Green tea is full of anti-oxidants that defer ageing, and provides a healthy glow. Besides, the anti-inflammatory property of green tea relives the skin from all the stress and keeps it at ease. If you like, you can through the detailed post of benefits of green tea.
5) Proteins: Add more proteins to your breakfast. A meal rich in protein helps in repairing the damaged skin, and nourishes hair. Plus, proteins keep your stomach full for long. Thus lessening the possibility of munching on intermittent snacks and keeping a watchful control on weight.
6) Sunscreen: No matter you stay indoors or outdoors, applying sunscreen is as mandatory as eating food. Harmful sunrays can damage the skin even during cloudy or rainy days, so whatever is the weather like just slather good amount of sunscreen on all exposed parts of the body. And, if you plan to stay in the sun for long, keep applying sunscreen after every hour or two. SPF saves the skin from sun damage and keeps up the suppleness in it.
7) Stay Happy: Happiness is above all. If you are happy and satisfied you will not even need to follow the other 6 rituals. So do the things that make your cheerful – listen to your favoruite songs, read a good novel, meditate, shop, whatever makes you happy just do it and keep doing it.
All these morning rituals aid in healthy skin, and make it look way younger than age. Besides, if you have a young heart age is just a number <3
Stay happy, stay pretty !
You might also like reading these realted articles:
Natural Tips For Supple, Healthy and Clear Complexion
Pre Bridal Skin Care-Homemade Body Scrubs for Indian Brides
10 Reasons To Choose Homemade Skin Care Remedies Over Market Products
5 Aloe Vera Homemade Face Packs For Hydrated Flawless Skin
5 Instant Homemade Face Packs Using Orange Peel Dry Powder
5 Tips For Skin Care
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
Revise daily skin care routine
How Watermelon and Cucumber Face Pack Helps Getting Clear Glowing Skin
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin