If you are looking for an easily available and effective natural ingredient that would cater to your skin care and toned body needs then nothing can be more apt then lemon. In my opinion no other natural ingredient can beat the beauty benefits of lemon juice. In India, because of Lemon’s plethora of benefits it’s been used for over centuries. Moreover, being a natural ingredient it does not cause any side effects as most of the chemical products do. Let’s take a detailed look at how lemon can be used for beauty benefits:
1) Lemon as a morning drink – Add 1 tea spoon of lemon juice and 1 tea spoon of honey in a cup of Luke warm water, and drink it on an empty stomach. This magical drink when imbibed early morning has numerous health benefits. It aids in digestion, boosts immune system, promotes healing, freshens breath and aids in weight loss. Nothing can match up to the gains of this morning drink.
2) Lemon for skin whitening, anti- tanning and acne scars – Get rid of dark spots, acne scars & pigmentation by applying lemon juice sparingly. You can also treat nail paleness by scrubbing lemon or applying lemon juice on the nails for about 2-3 minutes. With this daily ritual one would notice an improvement in dark spots/ paleness over time. The citric acid present in lemon helps in bleaching and makes the skin whiter & brighter.
3) Lemon for skin care– Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic. It can help to clear dirt and bacteria from the surface of the skin that if present can cause pimples and breakouts. People who have oily skin should mix this ingredient in homemade packs. Also, you can apply lemon juice on the face with the help of a cotton pad. Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash off with clean cold water. This will result in oil free but glowing skin. With continuous use you can also notice a reduction in pore size. A glass of lemon water taken daily reduces the chances of acne, and brightens up the skin.
4) Lemon for hair care– Lemon is a great natural remedy for dry, damaged and dandruff full hair. Lemon juice can be a great choice to help alleviate some of the most common issues associated with poor hair health. One can massage the scalp with lemon juice to build up hair texture. Not only that, a spoon of lemon juice if mixed in a cup of water can give lustrous shine to your hair. Make sure you when you take head bath you save this tip for the last. All you need to do is rinse your hair with this concoction.
5) Lemon as a moisturizer – Lemon juice mixed with glycerin and rose water can be used as a moisturizer for face, hands and feet. If used at night this potion results in unclogging of pores and repairing of damaged cells thereby revitalizing the skin. This remedy is in use for ages now.
If you use any of these beauty remedies please do let me know. I will be happy to know how it works for you
You mught also like reading these related topics:
Health and Beauty Benefits of Coconut Water
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin
5 Instant Homemade Face Packs Using Orange Peel Dry Powder
Reader’s Query: How To Get Rid of Pimple Acne Marks Using Home Remedies