If you are a regular reader of BABE you must have found out that we keep posting several homemade remedies for skin and hair care. It is because we believe in the utmost power of nature. Undoubtedly, science has made considerable progress in formulating products that do not only defer age, but can bring back that envious youthfulness as well. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature; beautiful old people are work of art”. This popular axiom stands true in beauty world.
As they say there is a time for everything, so until we can rely on nature to maintain the charming youth, in my opinion, we should do so. Using simple garden or kitchen ingredients you can tackle almost every skin problem: tanning, open pores, acne, oily skin, over-dry skin, blackheads, whiteheads, blah blah. You name it and nature has the solution for you. Going by that, I have mulled over some benefits of preferring homemade remedies over market products. You must have known most of these benefits but never given them a thought. Let’s have a look.
1) Homemade face packs, scrubs, etc are made from fresh ingredients so they are always more effective, and can be prepared just before the time of use. Some people have even ditched chemically laced hair care products and started relying on homemade hair cleaning concoctions- to have healthy and long hair.
2) While preparing homemade remedies, you can carefully eliminate ingredients that do not suit your skin. Let’s say you have sensitive skin that outburst when it comes in contact with lemon, so you can always avoid putting lemon juice in your homemade face packs and scrubs, and can save your skin from going through a rough phase.
3) These remedies can be prepared exactly when you need them. You do not have to add preservatives to store them in containers for later use. That ways you always yield the benefit of using fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables.
4) Being organic, these remedies rarely backfire as compared to chemical infused products available in the market. Of course, you need to be cognizant of your allergies and prepare the packs accordingly.
5) As homemade remedies are prepared from readily available kitchen ingredients they turn up quite reasonable. If you get fresh aloe vera pulp why waste numerous bucks on preserved aloe vera moisturizers.
6) These remedies can be prepared considering your skin type and problem areas. As I have oily acne prone skin, I use some portion of fullers’ earth and lemon juice to mattify the outlook. For open pores, I dwell on tomato and curd packs that help in pore reduction.
7) Often, when market products run out we wait to get them back to the stashes. Unlike market products, homemade remedies are available 24*7. Even if you run out of one ingredient at some point you can always replace it with other similar component.
8) You can try a new homemade remedy every other day and keep continuing the one that suits you best. However, considering high price of market products this experiment is not easily possible.
9) You can easily tweak the consistency and granularity as per you liking. For instance, if you are preparing a homemade scrub and you like minute and negligible scrub particles then you can partially grind the ingredient before actually using it. Similarly for face packs you can keep them semi-runny or thick the way you like them on the face.
10) Availability is never an issue. Sometimes, your favorite products stops hitting the market only because the brand has decided not to continue with it but this scenario cannot happen with self-made skin/hair care concoctions. Even if someday you run out of an important remedy element you can always get it on your next trip to market.
So, what do you prefer? Are you a crusader of homemade remedies or prefer relying on market products? I would love to know your thoughts.
You may also like reading these realted topics
5 Aloe Vera Homemade Face Packs For Hydrated Flawless Skin
5 Instant Homemade Face Packs Using Orange Peel Dry Powder
5 Tips For Skin Care
5 Natural beauty benefits of lemon juice
5 ‘Instant Glow’ Skin Care Tips From Kitchen
DIY- Homemade fuller’s earth and honey face pack for soft and glowing skin
Revise daily skin care routine
How Watermelon and Cucumber Face Pack Helps Getting Clear Glowing Skin
Papaya face pack for glowing and blemish free skin