During monsoons hair becomes rough and dry so need tender care. Since the scalp also turns sticky and itchy in monsoons, it becomes mandatory to follow a disciplined hair care routine in this season. Not following a good hair care regimen can make one end up with sticky scalp, and rough & dead hair. To maintain healthy hair, here are some natural home care hair tips that are beneficial to prevent hair fall, boost hair health and promote hair growth. Follow these Home remedies to treat rough hair and tips to do a dry hair treatment at home:
1) The foremost and important action inorder to control hair fall is to maintain a proper diet. Your diet should include Iron, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex & Vitamin E. These are the essentials nutrients that aid in hair growth and prevent hair fall. The foods that are rich in these nutrients are dark green leafy vegetables, soya products, dairy products, nuts and tomatoes.
2) Mix Amla with coconut oil or almond oil, heat it a little and gradually massage your scalp with this concoction in circular motion. Leave the oil in hair for 2-3 hours, afterwards shampoo your hair with cold water. This will increase blood circulation and control hair fall. One can also drink Amla juice or have an Amla (murabba) a day on empty stomach.
3) Make a thick paste of Amla and Shikakai powder. Now, using a hair brush apply this paste along the length of hair. Leave it on for half an hour and wash off with cold water. If your hair is dry then skip Shikakai powder.
4) Soak two spoons of fenugreek (Methi) seeds overnight. In the morning, remove excess water and grind these seeds. Mix two spoons of curd in the grinded seeds to make a paste and apply this paste on the scalp and along the length of the hair. Leave it on for 1 hour and rinse off with cold water. If you want you can shampoo afterwards. This remedy can be used once or twice a week.
5) Never use comb on wet hair instead use fingers to de-tangle hair. Make sure your hair is towel dried before you start de-tangling it. I know its difficult to stay away from hair styling products but at least in the monsoon season you should not be (or minimally) using hair gels, hair dryers, hair straighteners, hair curlers or any other chemical treatments.
6) Always use soft wide toothed comb to style your hair. To get rid of the split ends follow a proper hair trimming routine. To improve the hair texture mix almond oil and olive oil, and massage your scalp with this mixture.
7) Don’t pull your hair too tight in a ponytail since that can cause hair recession from crown area. Instead keep your hair a little loose, and keep shifting your pony tail position. Also, to add some versatility in hair growth you should keep changing your hair style.
8) Corainder helps in reducing hair fall, so before washing hair apply coriander concoction. The recipe is: Crush coriander (dhaniya), mix some water in it and extract the juice. If you are suffering from dandruff then add a spoon of lemon juice to this mixture. Apply this concoction for 1 hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
9) Aloe vera is a miracle plant when it comes to hair. It is beneficial in treating dandruff, split ends and hair fall problems. It restores pH balance, reduces hair bacteria, relieves scalp itching and promotes hair growth. Apply Aloe Vera extract on the scalp and along hair length. Massage the scalp with your fingertips in soft circular motion to increase blood circulation and let the extract seep in.
10) Drinking at least 3-4 liters of water a day is another tip to control hair fall in monsoons. Water helps drain out the toxins from your body, these toxins can otherwise aggravate hair loss problem.
Hope you will benefit from these tips and attain smooth, silky and shiny hair 🙂